CBJ - Vancouver...Effing Naslund and the Chimera "Around the Net" Paradigm
The CBJ got shutout again. YAY!!!
The CBJ played the Canucks. You know what that means...Naslund scored a goal, and ultimately that means a CBJ loss.
- Sergei Fedorov is playing his best hockey as a Bluejacket. His skating is strong and he is making plays...too bad the CBJ doesnt have a finishers. I'm looking at you Rick Nash.
- Another fantastic Pascal Leclaire effort...wasted.
- The defense seems to be making better outlet passes.
- Zherdev is playing better...and Fedorov has a lot to do with that.
- Gilbert Brule is getting more and more playing time...he will breakout this season...no doubt. Thank goodness Hitchcock is willing to play him on a line that doesnt include Jody Shelley.
- Rick Nash...
- Modin's Injury
- Hainsey's Non-Existent Mean Streak
- Chimera (See Below)
The Chimera Paradigm
I have been watching Chimera pretty closely this season and last. He is a heckuva a skater and has great size to absolutely level people. However, I have noticed that his line with Malhotra has not been nearly as productive this year, as compared to last season. After watching the last few games, I have noticed that Chimera doesnt drive to the net this season. He is simply skating hard on the outside and travelling around the net in hopes of finding a cutter on the backside. However, Chimera will normally keep skating around to the high boards and will not attempt to dump back down Jason's game is not a finesse game. I know that there are times that going around the net will draw some attention and will have some collapsing players on the opposition, which will open up some passing lanes. However, once the skater gets to the half-boards, a decision needs to be made by the skater. Either curl to the middle, dump back to the corner, or slow down and draw the high slot defender for a pass to the point. Generally, Chimera has been going around the net without a purpose or a plan, so to speak.
The main point to these observations is that the CBJ's second half success last season was predicated by the stellar play of the Chimera-Malhotra
Note to Jason: Please drive to the net and throw the damn puckon the net. Malhotra and Fritsche are waiting for rebounds...seriously.
Labels: The CBJ