Death Cab for Woody

Thursday, November 02, 2006

CBJ Buzz

Yeah...I watched the CBJ against the Avalanche...

It made me sad. I got to watch Rick Nash turnover the puck at the blueline (when he could have easily passed it another forward that was wide open), fall down on the ice, do a great snow angel on the blueline, watch some scrub for Colorado skate in alone on Pascal Leclaire. I also got to watch Pascal Leclaire leave a 2x2 foot space above his right shoulder that a one-armed midget could have scored on. Yeah...that was a momentum killer. It was nice to see Anson Carter and Modin contribute to the team. Hopefully, it will be a sign of things to come. Well, not the Nash thing, but the Modin/Carter thing was nice

Basically, I came to the following conclusion...

The CBJ are the Chicago Blackhawks with a TV Contract. Harsh? Yes. Truthful?...Becoming more of a truth everyday.

The next day I conversed with the man behind the plan at "The Hockey Report." It is crazy enough that the blogging community possesses the uncomfortable scenarios of reaching out to other blogs and trying to get other people to read their work. I have met some really good people, during the time that I have spent pulling together this blog, but I would have never imagined that I would run into an actual person from my past.

Well, lets just say that the purveyor of the Hockey Report was my roommate from my sophomore year at OSU. Small world, huh?

Yeah. I thought the same thing, but this is the guy that really got me back into hockey ( I used to play in Elyria when I was younger until I moved to Northwest Ohio). So check out his site...it is a great aggregator for hockey news and has war rooms already setup for the divisions...including the freakin central where our beloved CBJ are already sucking it up and making us think about next year....

Check out the Hockey Report when you get a chance...He is a Penguins fan, but dont hold it against him. Adam...its good to be back in the fold.

Peace Out...

Herringbone

Labels:

2 Comments:

  • As someone that just moved from Columbus to Chicago, I am feeling 2x the pain. Carter signing looks like another bone-head Dougie move to me.

    By Blogger Jason, at 11:21 AM, November 03, 2006  

  • As much as it hurts me to say it, this is the most negative I have been toward the Jackets in the last 5 years.

    Anson is playing harder in the last few games, but I am not sure if he was worth the price tag...so that sucks for us...

    Doug doesnt seem to be part of the solution...more likely he is part of the problem. Thanks for the comments...

    By Blogger YNBA (artist formerly known as Herringbone), at 11:25 AM, November 03, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home