Death Cab for Woody

Tuesday, June 27, 2006

PSU Hockey 2006-2007..."Now We're Only 30 Years Behind UM and OSU."

According to Confessions of a Hockey Fanatic, Penn State has hired a new coach for its club...errr...D-VI Men's Ice Hockey program. Geesh...How pathetic is it that a D-I school that has over 500 wins in the ACHA...is still in the ACHA...with schools like Ohio University (No offense my fellow Bobcats, I think it is comical that your school is the proverbial "thorn in the side" of the PSU Hockey Program). If I were a Penn State alum, I would be wanting some answers at this point (Thank God I am not...Tossers...of Urine...). This should be a D-I program already. If Alabama-Huntsville can play D-I competitively, somebody should pass the memo onto PSU. Why get a new coach and stay in D-IX? Apparently, an AD with a weak consitution thought that it would be good to be play in the local Pittsburgh Tuesday Night Beer League and clean up some more championships...unless Ohio University, again, shatters those dreams of D-XXIII glory.

At this rate, PSU should have its D-I hockey program ready to get hammered by OSU and UM on a yearly basis by 2030. I am sure the refs will have everything to do with those losses as well. And maybe...just maybe....they will have something this awesome....
therail2.jpg
to celebrate that milestone event when PSU hockey pulls out its first D-I win against Ferris State or Northern Michigan.



"Will this man be coaching when PSU moves to D-I in hockey? Well, since he hasnt really coached a game since the mid 80s...No, but it sure would be fun to see him try and chase officials across the ice when he goes on one of his ice-cream deprived temper tantrums."

Labels:

2 Comments:

  • I don't entirely understand why PSU makes such a big deal of that game. Around the OSU campus, it's not seen as anything special, certainly not on the same level as the loss to Texas, or any loss to Michigan. Yet my friends that go to Penn State view it as some major win over a hated rival. I appreciate the effort they're putting in to make it a rivalry, and it's moved them above Wisconsin to second on my list of least-liked Big Ten teams, but we still aren't talking rivalry territory.

    But if we're gonna start throwing bodily fluids at each other, I guess we'll reach that point before too long.

    By Blogger Sean, at 6:27 PM, July 04, 2006  

  • Yeah...

    I havent understood why that victory was so important. I would have understood that reaction for NW fans after the debacle in 2005, but for all of the "high and mighty" talk of the PSU football program and its fans, it really shows you the state of its program at the current time. My future PSU outlook piece will be one of my favorites to write. I have spent some time on the PSU Scout.com site and it has really shown the lack of football intelligence living under the PSU Football Fan umbrella. I know there is a stigma associated with OSU fans, but without the questionable "cuteness" of that old and lovable scenile JoePa, PSU fans would be considered much worse than OSU fans after their behavior last year.

    By Blogger YNBA (artist formerly known as Herringbone), at 8:19 PM, July 04, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home