10,000 Days...a great album...and other meanings
It's not an exact science, so 27-28 years is a good gauge of drought for these franchises....
Stanley Cup Droughts....
- Chicago Blackhawks - 1961 - How Bill Wirtz can sleep at night is beyond me? WGN shows the Cubs and even the White Sox...Why not the Hawks?
- Toronto Maple Leafs - 1967 - Every Canadian outside of Ontario thanks the good Lord everyday for this display of obnoxious fan justice.
- Boston Bruins - 1972 - Only fans of a team like this would be happy for its signature player to move on to the Dive'alanche for a better chance at the cup.
- Philadelphia Flyers - 1975 - Eastern Conference Fans love Bobby Clarke...He is kind of like LLLLoyd Carr for us OSU fans. Bobby...this is called "Karma" from the Summit Series in 1972. I suggest watching some "Carson" or "My Name is Earl" for ideas on solving that Karma problem.
I really can't shed a tear for poorly managed organizations that will not spend money or spend it unwisely, such as the teams listed above.
MLB World Series Champs
- Chicago Cubs - 1908 - Thank you Bartman...you kept me from speaking first about my beloved...
- Cleveland Indians - 1948 - Mistake by the Lake...or mistake going with a shaky Mesa in Game 7 of the 97 series. %$%^%^@-ing Craig Counsel.
- Sacramento Kings - 1951 - Oh, how we all long for the days of....
- Atlanta Hawks - 1958 - No...Dominique did not play on this team.
- Milwaukee Bucks - 1971 - The Bucks piloted by Meadowlark Lemon...err...Kareem Abdul-Jabbar won Milwaukee its last B-Ball Title.
Jimmy....Have you ever let scrubs go to town on Kareem's leg?
- New York Knicks - 1973 - Does anybody really see this ending anytime soon?
- Golden State Warriors - 1975 - If they could ever get Zarko Cabarkapa to shoot free throws like Rick Barry...look out.
- Portland Trailblazers - 1977 - Clyde the Glide, Terry Porter, Kevin Duckworth (Ate small children during TV timeouts), Buck Williams...How did this team not win a championship?
- Washington Bullets - 1978 - That's right...I called them the Bullets. It doesnt matter what they are called...they were terrible with the greatest player of all time (Disclaimer: Jordan was past his prime) and they are terrible now.
If I hadn't mentioned it already, the new Tool album is very good. Deeper lyrical poetry from Maynard and the gang with a tid bit more anger mixed into the musical genius that most Tool fans have come to expect from the band. I definitely suggest picking up the album and giving it a listen.