1. Education. List the region of the country you were born in, what universities you attended and at least one other you would have attended if your alma mater didn’t exist.
Born in Sandusky, Ohio (King’s Island sucks…). Grew up in Napoleon, Ohio (Haven’t been back since 97…don’t ask). Graduated from Ohio State with an Economics Degree (aka Business Undecided) and a minor in Computer Science. Got the MBA from Ohio Dominican University in Columbus (Did you know that Pepe Pearson is part of the ODU coaching staff?). If I didn’t attend OSU, I would have probably gone to Georgia, as I have a lot of family near Athens (Apologies to Orson).2. Sports Affiliations. List your top 10 favorite teams in all of sports in descending order. For instance, your alma mater’s football team may be number 1, but perhaps there is a professional team that squeezes in before you get to your alma mater’s lacrosse team.
10 is probably stretching it for me as well. I don’t think I can share that much love with so many teams….Recently Removed - Detroit Red Wings
– Hard to grow up in NW Ohio and not have a soft spot in your heart for Stevie Y and the boys.5. Buffalo Sabres -
No Goal, Eh!! He was in the crease <In best Doug McKenzie-ish voice
>4. Detroit Pistons
– Same as the Wings…sans Stevie Y, of course.3. Cleveland Indians
– Jose Mesa…bastard.2. Columbus Blue Jackets
– Hockey in Ohio is a good thing. We’ll let you know when we’re competitive (BTW When Stevie Y finally Retires, the Red Wings will be a distant memory on this top 5).1. Ohio State Football
– Even though the boys over at the M-Zone will leave their bunker long enough to tell you he was a psychopath, Woody Hayes is still an icon in a state that lives and dies by its football. Apparently, it was better to be a racist that conformed to competitive pressure (Bryant), than to just sock somebody because you hated to lose that much. I am sure that Alabama Man will chime in on this comment, but “dem’s the breaks.”"Take a bow Woody at least you didnt sell out like another legend. Now about that punch thing."
3. Movies. List the movie you’ve watched the most, your favorite sports related movie, the movie you secretly love but don’t like to admit it (possibly a chick flick or b film), and the movie you were (or still are) most looking forward to from this summer’s season.Most watched:
Coming to America (Reverend Brown said it best. "If loving the Buckeyes is wrong, I don't want to be right.")Fave sports movie:
Victory (and I really don’t like soccer…)Shame flick:
Sniper (A Tom Berenger movie that was so bad it was great)4. Music. List your favorite band from middle school, high school, college and today. Also, as with the movies, include the song you secretly love but don’t like to admit. If Nickleback is involved in any of these responses, please give a detailed explanation as to why, god, why.Middle school:
Led Zeppelin, The Who, RushHigh school:
Smashing Pumpkins, NirvanaToday:
The Shins, Grandaddy, Explosions in the Sky, SpoonShamelove song:
I am so happy that I cannot answer this question…"James Mercer and the Boys. Always working hard to entertain you good people"
5. Books. Favorite book you’ve finished, worst book you’ve finished and the book you really should read but haven’t gotten around to it.Favorite:
Into the Wild (Jon Krakauer). Kid finishes college and does what most people wish they could…live without boundaries or obligations, but, unfortunately, dies in the process.2nd Place:
Tie between Lullaby by Pahlniuk and Life After God by Coupland.Worst:
The Da Vinci Code. Maybe worst is a strong opinion, but overrated seems to sum it up for me. While the book was a very easy read, it felt like I was reading a “Choose Your Own Adventure” Book with all of the appropriate choices made for me. I haven’t seen the movie, but I don’t think Tom Hanks and his hair could save this one…Author I Should Read, but haven’t:
Kerouac…someday….someday…"Oh Tom...where did it all go wrong? A bad book...a worse movie."6. Travel. Favorite city you’ve ever been to and the one place you still must visit before you shuffle off this mortal coil.Bestest City…Like Ever:
Toronto…nothing like playing shinny in the square across from the Sheraton Centre Hotel at 2AM…when it is –2 degrees Celsius.City I need to go to:
Vancouver, BC. I just moved to Seattle…this will happen soon… On Deck: Sydney, Australia.7. What do you love most about college football in 20 words or less?
Brats Before Dawn; Skull Session; Ramp Entrance; Script Ohio; Hang on Sloopy; Victory Bell."Time and Change Will Surely Show."
Labels: Blog Poll/Roundtable